Yamaha 510 - Took it apart HELP!

Reaction score
:D

I've searched for some help to no avail, so far.

I was given a Yamaha PSR 510 - seems to work perfectly except one key. (the C above middle C makes no sound). So I thought, well, maybe I can fix it. (should I be so optimistic?)

So, have it all apart. But can't figure out how to actually access the keys and maybe try something with the contacts or something..................but i see no 'simple' (i mean, without really breaking it) to remove the circuit board. Or remove the keys.

any help? Anyone do this before?

thanks for reading!

2lip

Reaction score
It's very simple actually - do not mess with it if you don't know what you're doing.

Instead - leave the keyboard at the local Yamaha repair service or some other keyboard repair shop.

If it's just the key that's broken it will be very cheap.

Reaction score
It's Apart - Found Some Things - What are they?

Too late! :)

Actually I found the key just kind of 'pops off' - lifts up right out...i looked underneath and found 2 round rubber-y type things (sorry not technical here in description) - i hit them and nothing happens, but if i press on them the note will play - pressing HARD at full volume and further up the key. I wonder if something isn't making contact.

What are those 'rubber cups' -- and could something just be 1)missing? 2)not making contact 3)since the key just 'pops up and out' - maybe it isn't fully in place? 4) what's underneath the rubber cups?

Thanks!

(i do have some electronic background - i fix and repair computers - and did go to school for electronics) - just not for keyboards!

It's very simple actually - do not mess with it if you don't know what you're doing.

Instead - leave the keyboard at the local Yamaha repair service or some other keyboard repair shop.

If it's just the key that's broken it will be very cheap.

Reaction score
Well, there has to be a local Yamaha dealer in your area (City/Country) - try there

Ask a Question